March 25, 2023

Dispute Resolution (ADR)

Appropriate Dispute Resolution (ADR) is the general term applied to a wide variety of dispute resolution processes which are alternatives to lawsuits. Services are provided in departments throughout the Court.


Provides information about lawsuits between individuals and/or corporations, to file documents or other matters pertaining to civil lawsuits.

Complex Civil Litigation


Provides information about cases like arrests, criminal cases scheduled for trial, sentencing conditions,court appearances, bail, release from jail, probation, etc.

Family Law

For Filing documents relating to family law including divorce, custody or paternity. You can also find a lot of self-help information here.

Family Court Services

Provides child custody recommending counseling for families with custody and visitation disputes.

Grand Jury

The Civil Grand Jury is a judicial body composed of 19 citizens. It is impaneled to act as an "arm of the court," as authorized by the State Constitution, to be a voice of the people and conscience of the community.

Juror Services

If you have received a letter telling you to report to jury duty, we have a phone system and online service that can give you an update on wether or not to report that day (you must have your juror number - it is on the summons, or letter, from the court).


Coordinates the filing of documents and calendaring of cases involving delinquency, dependency, adoptions, and emancipation matters for minors.


Coordinates the filing of documents, payment of fees and calendaring of cases involving guardianships (where someone other than the parent cares for the child), and compromises of minors' claims (when a minor has inherited money).

Records Management

For file viewing or obtaining copies of court records (papers that are part of the court record or have been added to the case file) for civil, family law, probate, or unlimited criminal cases.

Small Claims

Small claims is a special court within the Superior Court where disputes are resolved quickly and inexpensively.


You can take care of your ticket online using the Court's online traffic system. Using your citation number or name and birthdate, you can pay your ticket, sign-up for traffic school or request a 30-day extension online.

© 2023 Superior Court of San Mateo County