50% Discount on Old Unpaid Vehicle Code and Non-Vehicle Code Infractions
The Amnesty Program begins January 1, 2012 and ends June 30, 2012.
Only Vehicle Code and non-Vehicle Code infraction cases that were due to be paid prior to January 1, 2009 are eligible. Parking tickets, driving under the influence (DUI) and reckless driving cases are NOT eligible. To qualify for the 50% discount, all of the following conditions must be met:
- You have an outstanding Vehicle Code or non-Vehicle Code infraction case filed with the court that was due to be paid in full before January 1, 2009.
- You either failed to appear in court or failed to pay in full.
- The date you last made a payment was on or before January 1, 2009.
- You do not owe restitution to a victim on any case within the county where the violation was filed.
- You have no outstanding misdemeanor or felony warrants within the county where the violation was filed.
How to Apply:
After January 1, 2012, if you meet the above eligibility criteria, you must complete and submit an Eligibility Affidavit form along with your 50% payment to the court branch location where the violation was filed. You may submit your Eligibility Affidavit and payment in person during regular business hours - 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday or via mail. Affidavit forms and information regarding court branch locations are available on the court's website at www.sanmateocourt.org or at the Traffic and Criminal Clerk's Offices.
If your case was referred to the County's Department of Revenue Services for collection, you must submit your Eligibility Affidavit and payment to their office located at 555 County Center in Redwood City, California. You may submit your Eligibility Affidavit and payment in person during regular business hours - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday or via mail. Affidavit forms are also available on the Revenue Services website at http://www.smcrevenueservices.org or at the Revenue Services office.
If eligible for the Amnesty Program, you must pay the full 50% of amounts due in one lump payment - no payment plans will be allowed.
Additional information on the Amnesty Program may be found at the California Courts website at http://www.courts.ca.gov/partners/941.htm