- Notice of Hearing
- Petition for Appointment of Guardian
- Duties of Guardian
- Confidential Guardian Screening Form
- Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act (not required when Estate only)
- Consent of Proposed Guardian; Nomination of Guardian; Waiver of Notice and Consent (This is one form and is Optional filing)
- Notification to Court of Addresses on Guardianship (Local Court Form)
- Confidential - Guardianship Declaration (Local Court Form)
Important: On initial filings of PERSON OR PERSON & ESTATE only - the clerk will retain the Original and 1 copy of every document (copies are sent to the Court Investigator).
- Order Appointing Guardian
- Bond (if required - see Order)
- Letters of Guardianship (Letters cannot be issued if bond or money is to be placed into blocked account until bond is filed or a document states the money is in a blocked account)
Subsequent Filings - Estates
- Notice of Hearing
- Notification to Court of Addresses of Guardianship (Local Court Form)
- Order Appointing Court Investigator
Subsequent Filings - Person
- Confidential Status Report (every year after appointment)
TEMPORARY GUARDIANSHIP OR CONSERVATORSHIP
All general documents must be filed with the request for temporary conservatorship or guardianship.
Ex Parte Petitions for Temporary Guardianship or Conservatorship are granted only in Redwood City at The Hall of Justice 400 County Center. The case is reviewed by the Court Investigator's Office between the hours of 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. prior to presenting the Order to the Judge for approval. Petitioners' are encouraged to make an appointment with their office at (650) 261-5068.
Due to the reduced hours of the clerk's office, all ex-parte petitions and related documents for temporary guardianship or conservatorship filed after 1:30 p.m., will be filed in the Probate Investigator's Office on the 8th floor of the Hall of Justice prior to appearing in the Probate ex parte courtroom.