Initial Petition Documents:
Presiding Judge, Law and Motion and Probate ex-parte matters are heard in their respective departments Monday through Friday from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Hall of Justice, 400 County Center, Redwood City, CA 94063.
- Between 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday, all ex parte motion fees and applications for stays of eviction will be processed on the 2nd floor of the Hall of Justice in the Executive/Jury Commissioner's Office.
- Parties returning from court will appear at the Civil Clerk's Office on the 1st floor of the Hall of Justice to have their motion, order, TRO, etc. filed (for those not filed in the courtroom).
- Between 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday, all requests for temporary guardianships or conservatorships will be processed in the Probate investigator's Office on the 8th floor of the Hall of Justice. If ex-parte orders are being requested, the petition must be reviewed by a court investigator between the hours of 1:30 p.m. at 3:00 p.m. prior to presenting the Order to the Judge for approval. Petitioners are encouraged to make an appointment with the court investigator's office at (650) 261-5068.
- Between 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday, all fees for general Probate ex parte motions will be processed on the 2nd floor of the Hall of Justice in the Executive/Jury Commissioner's Office.
- Parties returning from Probate ex partes will return to the Probate Clerk's Office on the 1st floor of the Hall of Justice to have their documents filed and obtain certified copies, if required.
- Because Family Law ex parte matters and Family Law TRO's do not require a court appearance, there will be no change in how Family Law ex partes or Family Law TRO's are processed after the reduction in clerk's office hours.
All parties are required to pay all applicable filing fees associated with filing Ex Parte Applications as required by law, unless the party has obtained a Fee Waiver.
The filing fee for motions must be paid prior to the party going to the appropriate Department for review and determination of their Application. This fee is pursuant to GC §70617. Please refer to our fee schedule for the fee amount due.